PID controller in Austin xl

throwinfitz

Media
Reaction score
I’ve got the original Austin xl and was wondering if I could or if anyone has swapped the controller for a 80146 touch screen pro series PID. All the plugs/wiring seems plug and play. A buddy bought the 850 pro and had a bum controller straight out of the box, so he had a new shipped to him, but it was back ordered and lost patience and just returned the grill and bought a new one! So he give me the controller when it finally arrived!

Thanks

You will need to modify the hole on the hopper to get it to fit. If you have the new controller already, you probably already knew that. Just pointing it out for anyone else reading this thread.

Update: installed the controller, replaced the top thermometer, r/p the thermostat, shitcanned the bottom shield and r/p with a pot heat deflector, and added the left heat deflector plate. Been running it about 3 hrs and the temps have never been this accurate and consistent. Most people try hot spots with biscuits or bread, but I prefer bacon! I should’ve cut the controller hole out and plated it, but it works!

Attachments

• IMG_4805.jpeg
    IMG_4805.jpeg
    266.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4804.jpeg
    IMG_4804.jpeg
    315.9 KB · Views: 52

Latest Discussions

Back