Pit Boss 1600 Pro Series won't connect to 64GHz wifi. Had to return it!!

cjstewart

Reaction score
Pit Boss 1600 Pro Series won't connect to 64GHz wifi. I was told I have to call my Internet provider and switch to 24GHx which is slower. Why does this require a slower connection? Im returning the smoker because of this. Anyone else have yhis problem?😮‍💨

Welcome from Texas to the group.
I don’t have the app but a few on here does that can help you 🇺🇸🇨🇱

It's a different frequency, and you shouldn't need to contact your ISP. There should be a way to set your router to just use the 2.4 GHz frequency for set up, and then once you are finished, switch your router back. 2.4 GHz, although older tech, actually has a longer range, and you don't need anything fast for your grill. Many IoT devices use the old 2.4 because the components are cheaper and it is mature tech.

It's not a reason to return the grill. Many connected devices are the same.

It's a different frequency, and you shouldn't need to contact your ISP. There should be a way to set your router to just use the 2.4 GHz frequency for set up, and then once you are finished, switch your router back. 2.4 GHz, although older tech, actually has a longer range, and you don't need anything fast for your grill. Many IoT devices use the old 2.4 because the components are cheaper and it is mature tech.

It's not a reason to return the grill. Many connected devices are the same.
I finally got an answer from Spectrum. I have to use their app and set it to 2.4 but it's only temporary. It only lasts 1/2 hour. I was able to connect but it was not much good. I purposely bought the unit for the wifi cell phone features.

Back