Pitboss app

There are alot of threads like this. Makes me happy that i use a good old fashiond neanderthal pellet grill. I have to turn it on manually. I have to set the temp manually. I have to physically check that its doing what its supposed to do.....

Not faulting anyone that likes to let the interwebs/cloud/ghosts control and do stuff for them, but its not for me.....

I enjoy unplugging from the outside world, have a beer or three and live a little life stress free. Some of my favorite cooks are on my old charcoal Weber. Life can be stressful enough without some stoopid invisible app not doing what it was supposed to do.....

Sorry, rant over, carry on.....

Happy cooking/smoking....

Pitboss app is crap
I think Pitboss needs to come up with something that works
My pit boss app doesn’t work either, never has, spent countless hours on the phone with their support staff, not fixed. They said they believe my board won’t connect. They actually told me it appears to be a common problem and requires a new board, however, wouldn’t provide one. Apparently warranty doesn’t matter

Pitboss app is crap
I think Pitboss needs to come up with something that works
The Smoke-It app has been abandoned for a while.
The app is now the PitBoss Grills app. And it’s been working great.
Call Danson’s customer service at 877.303.3134 or 480.923.9630 for information or suggestions for the new app, or operating assistance or for a warranty registration or parts replacement under your 5 year warranty.

In Canada: Phone: 1-877-942-2246 And 877-303-3134 and 877-942-2246 are the Danson’s tech line.

Also definitely leave your phone number for call back if prompted to.

You can also Try the chat feature on the PitBoss website. https://pitboss-grills.com/

If your controller is the issue, they can diagnose it and get it replaced under warranty for you.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.jpeg
    IMG_0442.jpeg
    111.8 KB · Views: 15
The Smoke-It app has been abandoned for a while.
The app is now the PitBoss Grills app. And it’s been working great.
Call Danson’s customer service at 877.303.3134 or 480.923.9630 for information or suggestions for the new app, or operating assistance or for a warranty registration or parts replacement under your 5 year warranty.

In Canada: Phone: 1-877-942-2246 And 877-303-3134 and 877-942-2246 are the Danson’s tech line.

Also definitely leave your phone number for call back if prompted to.

You can also Try the chat feature on the PitBoss website. https://pitboss-grills.com/

If your controller is the issue, they can diagnose it and get it replaced under warranty for you.
That’s what Been trying to use, I’m at whits end, spent allot for this unit , doesn’t work, and tired of spending wasted hours on the phone with support. And as a side note, my app doesn’t save favorites.

That’s what Been trying to use, I’m at whits end, spent allot for this unit , doesn’t work, and tired of spending wasted hours on the phone with support. And as a side note, my app doesn’t save favorites.
It still works without the app. Get it working and it will save your favorites. You can contact the app developer directly on their support page in the app store.

Not a fan of the app either, but I'd buy another Pitt Boss 1600PSE in a heartbeat if I needed to. It's well designed, has heavy duty construction, holds consistent temperature, and smokes food really well. If you want to use Bluetooth for assistance, there are plenty of aftermarket options. I'll take high quality construction over high quality app all day long.

I may consider buying another PitBoss, but I am not overjoyed with my Lockhart. Aside from the issues with the app that I can overlook, there are other disappointments such as ashes blowing around the lower chamber rendering it useless for anything other than a firebox and poor placement of auger making it susceptible to fire backing up to the pellet chamber. I think the Lockhart was just a bad design of a good idea.

Latest Discussions

Back