Saying hello

Smokeyholler

Media
Reaction score
Wanted to say I think this may be home.

Just picked up a 1250 Competition since it seemed like a good way to start with pellets. I've always added wood into a Weber kettle for that little touch but have time now to add some real love to the meat.

I've been reading through for the last week and there seems to be a lot of you guys that have this figured out. I'm sure I'll have questions.

Saturday is assembly day and burn in and Sunday the fun begins. A couple of bags of Bear Mountain Hickory and a couple of apple with a freezer full of goodies to work with. I'm thinking some pork chops to start out with.

Wanted to say hey.

Just picked up a 1250 Competition since it seemed like a good way to start with pellets. I've always added wood into a Weber kettle for that little touch but have time now to add some real love to the meat.

I've been reading through for the last week and there seems to be a lot of you guys that have this figured out. I'm sure I'll have questions.

Saturday is assembly day and burn in and Sunday the fun begins. A couple of bags of Bear Mountain Hickory and a couple of apple with a freezer full of goodies to work with. I'm thinking some pork chops to start out with.

Wanted to say hey.

Wanted to say hey.
Welcome.
I have the same smoker. Bought it a year ago. Love the roll top lid! Three racks seemed too crowded for me so I removed the top rack. Don’t think I’ll ever smoke enough to need the third rack. I typically smoke on the middle rack and put a water pan underneath the meat on the lower rack. It also catches any drippings (less cleanup afterwards).

Welcome.
I have the same smoker. Bought it a year ago. Love the roll top lid! Three racks seemed too crowded for me so I removed the top rack. Don’t think I’ll ever smoke enough to need the third rack. I typically smoke on the middle rack and put a water pan underneath the meat on the lower rack. It also catches any drippings (less cleanup afterwards).
I had the floor model open for like......30 seconds, but sounds like a good idea for more room. I CAN see it full of wings, it happens up here.

I had the floor model open for like......30 seconds, but sounds like a good idea for more room. I CAN see it full of wings, it happens up here.
Speaking of wings…smoking wings this weekend. Going for crispy skins. Coating with baking powder, letting air dry overnight in the fridge, smoking at 375 for an hour. First time smoking wings, wish me luck.

Wanted to say hey.
Welcome!

Back