Which Flame Tamer?

Ken S

Media
Reaction score
I've already added a curved heat deflector for my PB1600PSE, now wondering which flame tamer to get. I see that "Smokes Like A Boss" has the original two window design, plus a three window and a four window model available. Anybody have thoughts on which one's better? As a newbie here I'll apologize in advance if this topic has already been beat to death. And no, I haven't checked my actual temps yet. All I can say for sure is that my baby back ribs cooked evenly on the left side and right side. So my goal is mostly to soften out a presumed hot spot right above the burn pot.

Thanks in advance!

Ken

I got the original flame tamer. I actually asked the guy at Smokes Like A Boss if there was much of a difference and he said there wasn't. I'm betting if you had them side by side you couldn't tell the difference in temps but I'm not sure. I have an Austin Onyx XL Pit Boss. The flame tamer evens out the temps, mainly over the hot pot. I'm not a pro but my advice to you, if you're a 'newbie' is to don't sweat the details too much and enjoy the smoke!

Latest Discussions

Back