🔥 What's Smoking/Cooking on your Pit Boss?

Sam’s Club had some flanken style beef ribs on sale so I grabbed a pack. This isn’t the first time I’ve cooked those but I wanted to try a different approach.
My wife put a nice rub on them and then I tossed them in my pit boss vertical at 275 for two hours. I pulled him out and we coated them with some sweet baby rays says, Next we wrapped them in foil and stuck them back in for another hour.
Assessment, in hindsight, I probably should’ve been doing some spritzing. But overall they turned out fairly well. My wife gave a thumbs up there you go
IMG_1287.jpeg
IMG_1288.jpeg

Sam’s Club had some flanken style beef ribs on sale so I grabbed a pack. This isn’t the first time I’ve cooked those but I wanted to try a different approach.
My wife put a nice rub on them and then I tossed them in my pit boss vertical at 275 for two hours. I pulled him out and we coated them with some sweet baby rays says, Next we wrapped them in foil and stuck them back in for another hour.
Assessment, in hindsight, I probably should’ve been doing some spritzing. But overall they turned out fairly well. My wife gave a thumbs up there you go
View attachment 5473View attachment 5474
Very nice. I always see those and have never purchased them. Thanks to you I think I might have to!

Very nice. I always see those and have never purchased them. Thanks to you I think I might have to
Very nice. I always see those and have never purchased them. Thanks to you I think I might have to!
If you do let us know how you did. I think my 2 hours smoke cook and 1 hour in foil rap at 275 is close to the ballpark, but I may want to fiddle with the temp next time and/or spritz.
The ones i did could be a little more moist.

If you do let us know how you did. I think my 2 hours smoke cook and 1 hour in foil rap at 275 is close to the ballpark, but I may want to fiddle with the temp next time and/or spritz.
The ones i did could be a little more moist.
I will buy some and definitely let you know how they come out.

Made some jalapeno poppers. One plate is bacon wrapped cream/mild cheddar cheese.
20240525_125202.jpg

Other is bacon wrapped cream/mild cheddar with Jimmy Dean hot breakfast sausage mixed in. They went a little longer because of the sausage and just came off, so none have been tried.....yet
20240525_125208.jpg

Used Hormel thick cut brown sugar bacon. Its my favorite bacon ever.
20240525_131133.jpg

Two things I'll do different next time. I'll use sharp or extra sharp cheddar and put the ones with sausage on about 20 minuites sooner than the others. That way they'll come off about the same time. Other than that they are both awesome.

Have my last two slabs from the freezer on now. Jewel has their buy one get two free sale going on. Picked up nine slabs. That should get me into late winter/early spring if it was just me and my wife (she dont like anything off "the boss") so its all me. I'll take one of these slabs to my mom tomorrow.
20240525_125146.jpg

Made some jalapeno poppers. One plate is bacon wrapped cream/mild cheddar cheese.
View attachment 5486
Other is bacon wrapped cream/mild cheddar with Jimmy Dean hot breakfast sausage mixed in. They went a little longer because of the sausage and just came off, so none have been tried.....yet
View attachment 5487
View attachment 5488
Two things I'll do different next time. I'll use sharp or extra sharp cheddar and put the ones with sausage on about 20 minuites sooner than the others. That way they'll come off about the same time. Other than that they are both awesome.

Have my last two slabs from the freezer on now. Jewel has their buy one get two free sale going on. Picked up nine slabs. That should get me into late winter/early spring if it was just me and my wife (she dont like anything off "the boss") so its all me. I'll take one of these slabs to my mom tomorrow.
View attachment 5485
Damn that looks good!

View attachment 5486
View attachment 5487
View attachment 5488

Have my last two slabs from the freezer on now. Jewel has their buy one get two free sale going on. Picked up nine slabs. That should get me into late winter/early spring if it was just me and my wife (she dont like anything off "the boss") so it’ all me. I'll take one of these slabs to my mom tomorrow.
View attachment 5485
The poppers jump right out at you

Latest Discussions

Back