🔥 What's Smoking/Cooking on your Pit Boss?

Well finally did it ! worked my way up to a brisket !! been hesitating due to the price of the larger briskets being north of $80.00
a lot of money if you have the potential to screw it up, but wandering through Costco the other day found a small 8 lb brisket reasonably priced so I took the plunge !
Used the KISS method ( keep it simple stupid ) Texas style, salt , pepper, a little onion and garlic and nothing else except for a little Italian dressing as a binder. Filled the hopper on my 1600 crossed my fingers and hoped for the best, its hot in Phx. so set the temp to 185 and according to ambient temp probe the smoker maintained that temp but my set up said 225 , since as always the internal temp is the determining factor I smoked to 165 degrees pulled it, wrapped in pink butcher paper and put it back in smoker till internal temp 205. left it wrapped, put in cooler to rest 2 hrs. the cook time since it was a small brisket only 8 hrs, with rest total of 10 hrs.
Well ( drum roll please ) the bark was perfect, the brisket was moist, tender and juicy and extremely tasty !!! everything I had hoped for but was nervous about !! IM A HAPPY MAN !! I'm no pit master the smoker did all the work , all I had to do was monitor it, the wi-fi/ blue tooth made that easy from my recliner !!! another successful Pit Boss cook.

Well finally did it ! worked my way up to a brisket !! been hesitating due to the price of the larger briskets being north of $80.00
a lot of money if you have the potential to screw it up, but wandering through Costco the other day found a small 8 lb brisket reasonably priced so I took the plunge !
Used the KISS method ( keep it simple stupid ) Texas style, salt , pepper, a little onion and garlic and nothing else except for a little Italian dressing as a binder. Filled the hopper on my 1600 crossed my fingers and hoped for the best, its hot in Phx. so set the temp to 185 and according to ambient temp probe the smoker maintained that temp but my set up said 225 , since as always the internal temp is the determining factor I smoked to 165 degrees pulled it, wrapped in pink butcher paper and put it back in smoker till internal temp 205. left it wrapped, put in cooler to rest 2 hrs. the cook time since it was a small brisket only 8 hrs, with rest total of 10 hrs.
Well ( drum roll please ) the bark was perfect, the brisket was moist, tender and juicy and extremely tasty !!! everything I had hoped for but was nervous about !! IM A HAPPY MAN !! I'm no pit master the smoker did all the work , all I had to do was monitor it, the wi-fi/ blue tooth made that easy from my recliner !!! another successful Pit Boss cook.

Sweet!
So easy a Caveman can do it...
I mean a Redneck can do it...
Or Me with my cooler of beer!
Happy for a successful smoke!
Smoking is addictive be careful, you could end up with a vaccuum sealer and a freezer.

I'm going to give that a try.
Smoked meatloaf is awesome. It's one of the regulars in my rotation.

meatloaf.JPG

Did two butterflied pork tenderloins yesterday. Flattened, stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, garlic, seasoning. Folded both to make one, and tied. More seasoning, wrapped with bacon, More seasoning. One hour 250, cranked to 400, finished at 240 internal temp. Crispy bacon! Not much left! View attachment 5682View attachment 5683
That's a decadent looking tenderloin! I bet it was delicious.

This is what I was cooking last night. I used some dirty bird and a touch of cherry rubs. The last hour of cooking we had a torrential down pour but they turned out pretty good. My wife said they were a little bit salty - I think I was a bit heavy handed with the dirty bird. But as they say, whatever they turn out like, we're going to eat them. Cherry pellets and 50/50 cherry and pecan pellets in the smoker tube.

Attachments

• IMG_0789.jpeg
    IMG_0789.jpeg
    311.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0790.jpeg
    IMG_0790.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 13

Latest Discussions

Back