🔥 What's Smoking/Cooking on your Pit Boss?

Looking for input on smoking single beef short ribs. I've smoked the 3 bone brontosaurus versions. The wife picked up some really good looking single beef short ribs and I'm wondering if anyone has ever tried them. I'm thinking the process should be roughly the same as the full ones but if anyone has any thoughts, I would much appreciate it. Thanks in advance.View attachment 5653
I haven’t messed with single ribs but I wouldn’t treat it much differently. I’d likely either spritz more than normal or finish braising in beef broth. Maybe red wine if that’s more to your liking. I’d probably heavily consider a water pan if you don’t regularly use one

IMG_6572.jpeg
Tritip. Smoked 2 hours to 135, reversed seared 2 mins/side to 140. (My wife’s preferred temp)

Attachments

• IMG_6573.jpeg
    IMG_6573.jpeg
    186.8 KB · Views: 14
I haven’t messed with single ribs but I wouldn’t treat it much differently. I’d likely either spritz more than normal or finish braising in beef broth. Maybe red wine if that’s more to your liking. I’d probably heavily consider a water pan if you don’t regularly use one
Thanks hollrusl.

The fair maiden, my grand daughter in law, carries smoked chicken over to the grill where her father in law then does a finish grilling using Stubbs
2 hours of smoke and 15 minutes grill time
View attachment 5499View attachment 5500
I love how there's a variety of chicken cuts used for this? How did this session result to? Looks good to me!

Latest Discussions

Back