🔥 What's Smoking/Cooking on your Pit Boss?

The St. Louis ribs came out pretty good. My son "pressured" me to glaze up one rack, which I did for him using Stubb's Sweet Heat sauce. But most surprisingly, the meatloaf was outstanding. The mesquite pellets in my smoke tube took my cook to a whole 'nother level!
20240831_163215.jpg
20240831_161047.jpg

Attempting my first dino ribs today, along with some pork baby backs. Also will throw some grilled shrimp on the Weber to round out the meal.

Beef ribs on at 8:00 and pork ribs on at noon. Hopefully the timing works out, although I hear I can hold the beef ribs in a cooler for quite a while if necessary.

View attachment 9966
View attachment 9967

Now I'm trying to figure out what to spritz the ribs with. Might do vinegar and worcestershire sauce for the beef.
Giving you a like - even though you're a Brewers fan... Go Cubbies!

The St. Louis ribs came out pretty good. My son "pressured" me to glaze up one rack, which I did for him using Stubb's Sweet Heat sauce. But most surprisingly, the meatloaf was outstanding. The mesquite pellets in my smoke tube took my cook to a whole 'nother level!
View attachment 9980View attachment 9984
Looks awesome. Meatloaf is one of favorites in the smoker.

Attempting my first dino ribs today, along with some pork baby backs. Also will throw some grilled shrimp on the Weber to round out the meal.

Beef ribs on at 8:00 and pork ribs on at noon. Hopefully the timing works out, although I hear I can hold the beef ribs in a cooler for quite a while if necessary.

View attachment 9966
View attachment 9967

Now I'm trying to figure out what to spritz the ribs with. Might do vinegar and worcestershire sauce for the beef.
Nice pullback!

Got brisket on fat side up at 7pm with Pitboss set at 190. Was about 210-220 in barrel on second shelf. Checked it this morning and it’s about 154-162 all over. Bumped up temp to 220. Might just let it ride and not even wrap. Supper is at about 6 so if it can finish by 1-2 should be good. If I don’t wrap should I be spraying it?

Attachments

• IMG_3159.jpeg
    IMG_3159.jpeg
    384.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Decided to wrap lol. Pulled off at about 162-170. Had a nice bark. Poured some beef tallow on the butchers paper and some on top of brisket. Put back on and will take it till it’s probe tender like going through butter. Sitting at a about 178 right now but I think it’s out of the stall.

Attachments

• IMG_3166.jpeg
    IMG_3166.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 3
Pulled off at 205, probe tender . Let it steam off and added some tallow and put in cooler. Rested for 4 hours. Turned out killer. Everyone loved it. Was moist and not dry at all. Pics don’t do it justice. Not bad for the first one. Pitboss ran perfect and app worked flawlessly once I got it to update. Happy

Attachments

• IMG_3180.jpeg
    IMG_3180.jpeg
    398.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3181.jpeg
    IMG_3181.jpeg
    322.4 KB · Views: 6
View attachment 9980View attachment 9984
Great color and pullback on those ribs. Something about meatloaf and a wooden utensil is just right to me by the way...

Latest Discussions

Back