APP update

Kp33

Media
Reaction score
Last week the app made me do an update and now I get get temp notifications specifically when my cooking temp has been reached. Called PB and of course we don’t know why it isn’t working. I deleted the app restarted my phone added the app back all settings in phone and app are on and still nothing .

Last week the app made me do an update and now I get get temp notifications specifically when my cooking temp has been reached. Called PB and of course we don’t know why it isn’t working. I deleted the app restarted my phone added the app back all settings in phone and app are on and still nothing .
Getting a notification when your grill reaches set temperature is normal. What specific feature of the app isn't working for you?

Getting a notification when your grill reaches set temperature is normal. What specific feature of the app isn't working for you?
Yeah, that was a typo on my end. What I meant to say was after the update I’m not getting grill notifications when my grill reaches the temperature. I’m trying to get it to.

Yeah, that was a typo on my end. What I meant to say was after the update I’m not getting grill notifications when my grill reaches the temperature. I’m trying to get it to.
As long as notifications are set in the app and on your phone, that's all you can do. I think it probably has something to do with Pit Boss servers. Don't be surprised if it starts working eventually.

As long as notifications are set in the app and on your phone, that's all you can do. I think it probably has something to do with Pit Boss servers. Don't be surprised if it starts working eventually.
Yeah all notifications are on for sure . Was working fine until it made me do the update.

Last edited:
Anyone else having this issue? All notifications are on just don’t get them anymore when my cook temp of the grill is reached.

same thing here. i just gave up on using the app.
Was yours working before the update it asked you to do when it did…about a month ago when I opened the app it said update for better experience and ever since then the notifications haven’t worked. I call PB today they said they are aware…maybe call and complain if it’s happening to enough of us they will get it fixed quicker .

Was yours working before the update it asked you to do when it did…about a month ago when I opened the app it said update for better experience and ever since then the notifications haven’t worked. I call PB today they said they are aware…maybe call and complain if it’s happening to enough of us they will get it fixed quicker .
I might call to help others. I just set the temp, wait on the smoker to reach set point and start cooking. Using a wireless set of meat probes.

iPhone I an change the temp from app no notifications for probes but I can set them from the app
Been awhile since I used the app. So I thought I'd check it just now. There was an update for the app on 9/16. So I updated the app today. Everything works, (control the temp, monitor the grill, and shut down the grill), everything except, like you, I did not get a notification when grill set temp was reached. I didn't try the temp probes, so I don't know if notifications work for those. I'm using a Samsung phone, by the way.

Last edited:
Been awhile since I used the app. So I thought I'd check it just now. There was an update for the app on 9/16. So I updated the app today. Everything works, (control the temp, monitor the grill, and shut down the grill), everything except, like you, I did not get a notification when grill set temp is reached. I didn't try the temp probes, so I don't know if notifications work for those. I'm using a Samsung phone, by the way.
Yeah that’s about when I did the update as well so same on your end at least it’s not me haha

Besides that love the PB put briskets on at 10pm and go to bed wake up next morning around 7 internal temp is always 140-145 then I turn it up from 180 to 230 and finish it off…I am old school and when I got this I said no way this will be like a stick burner and it is I get incredible smoke ring and smoke flavor plus set and forget plus the grill aspect and just made these.

Attachments

• IMG_5595.jpeg
    IMG_5595.jpeg
    151.6 KB · Views: 0
Back