Brand new 820Cs1 ErP error when 200F

smokinstacer

Reaction score
Hello,
I purchased a 820cs1 Pit Boss. Built it all up, primed the auger, pellets are flowing, the fire catches that's all good. Then I tried setting it to 350 to do the burn off. Everytime it gets at 200 F it gives a ErP code. Booklet said it was the probe wires? Took off the panel under the hopper and checked the probe wires for any damage and that they were plugged in properly, everything looked good. We have tried multiple times to start it up. Set it to smoke let it go 10 minutes then changed temp to 350. As soon as it hits 200 error code. Everytime we get this code I requires a full shut down. So we wait for the fan to stop then start it back up. Works again on smoke setting and won't go higher than 180. Then as soon as it's set to a higher setting error code again. With all the waiting for resets we have been out for hours trying to get it going, and wasting so much pellets. At this point we are super frustrated and really regretting this father's day investment. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome from Texas to the group!
Read this and let me know what happens 🇺🇸🇺🇸
We did all of that. Still only gives code when it reaches 200 degrees. We can't call the number because of time of day. I'm guessing that they won't be open tomorrow as well as it is Sunday? If we can't get it going tomorrow we are just going to return the whole thing and try a different brand. The fact that a just out of box grill is having this many issues is nuts. Plus we did not ever unplug it early or have a power outtage. Happened on very first start up. Was hoping someone else had experienced something similar but seems like I just got lucky.

Hello, I wanted to give an update incase anyone was curious or ends up with a similar issue. We tried a few more ideas this morning to get it to work. We also attempted to call the number provided and no one answered multiple attempts to call. So we ended up calling the store we got it from. They said to bring it in, thankfully did not make us try to repackage it. So we lugged it back to them and they gave us a different one. We did notice a few differences in how this one was packaged and the grill prob looks shiny where the other one didn't. Got it all built, and immediate success. I assume we just got super lucky with a faulty system. Gonna go crack a beer and cook up some chicken breasts. Thank you for your help.

We did all of that. Still only gives code when it reaches 200 degrees. We can't call the number because of time of day. I'm guessing that they won't be open tomorrow as well as it is Sunday? If we can't get it going tomorrow we are just going to return the whole thing and try a different brand. The fact that a just out of box grill is having this many issues is nuts. Plus we did not ever unplug it early or have a power outtage. Happened on very first start up. Was hoping someone else had experienced something similar but seems like I just got lucky.

Attachments

• IMG_3057.jpeg
    IMG_3057.jpeg
    345.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2955.jpeg
    IMG_2955.jpeg
    925.5 KB · Views: 67
Back