Pit Boss 1600 Pro Series won't connect to 64GHz wifi. Had to return it!!

Never heard of 6.4Ghz….but 90% of smokers on the market use 2.4Ghz. The reason is that the lower the frequency the further the travel of the signal. Also most companies are combining the 5G and the 2.4G “as a Smart connection”…..so most smokers have issues with connecting to these “smart” routers.

You can either work with the internet company to split apart the frequencies, or buy a repeater 2.4Ghz cheap router just for your IOT devices like smokers.

Not saying that the PitBoss 1600 is “the smoker” to buy….but most of them use the 2.4Ghz frequency….AND….that should be the last reason to pick a smoker is for the WiFi signal and not the Controller/Smoker capabilities and how well it makes Ribs and Pork Butt.

Well the fact that i paid to get the wifi capability should be enough reason for Pit Boss to fix this. I may never know what the unit is capable of. Im old fashioned i expect things to work as advertised.

Th
I find it disturbing that the one fundamental feature that attracts a buyer to this brand doesnt work in several peoples units. Pit Boss needs to make a commitment to fix the units that have this flaw. Ive received no help directly from Pit Boss after ive contacted them and pretty sute they read the comments. Here on this forum! Solutions offered up here have been, at best, mediocre and people just compromise trying to make it work. Very disappointing.
e bright side is there’s folks in here that have been through every scenario on these grills
I agree with your comment about PitBoss but ya can’t beat the knowledge in this forum 🇺🇸🇨🇱

Back