Brining Bucket?

jimboslice

Reaction score
Wondering what everyone uses when they brine meat, usually I use a cooler for larger batches but for just a turkey breast I will use a large stock pot that I have and keep adding ice to keep it temped. I had a thought to get an insulated bucket however a quick Amazon search they don't seem to exist. What do you guys do to brine a turkey or a couple chickens? Another thought that I had would be getting an Igloo dispenser cooler but not sure of the internal dimensions if it could fit a 20 lb turkey.

Cheers!

Wondering what everyone uses when they brine meat, usually I use a cooler for larger batches but for just a turkey breast I will use a large stock pot that I have and keep adding ice to keep it temped. I had a thought to get an insulated bucket however a quick Amazon search they don't seem to exist. What do you guys do to brine a turkey or a couple chickens? Another thought that I had would be getting an Igloo dispenser cooler but not sure of the internal dimensions if it could fit a 20 lb turkey.

Cheers!
If you have $133 burning a hole in your pocket, Yeti has an insulated ice bucket that I’m sure will work well.

Attachments

• IMG_1595.png
    IMG_1595.png
    191.1 KB · Views: 11
You can get 5 gallon food safe bucket liners or you can get the Briner bucket for arourd 40 bucks. It has piece that locks in the bucket so whatever you're brining doesn't float up out of the liquid.
I pull a shelf out of my garage beer fridge to keep it cold.

Back