Hello From Peoria AZ....

PitBossAce

Media
Reaction score
My new Pit Boss purchase is the new Pit Boss Pro Series 1600 Elite PSE purchased at Lowe's October 24th, 2023. It came in, I picked it up, unloaded it at home and had to immediately leave for an NHRA National Event drag race in Vegas, as I'm a participant in the new Factory X class. I couldn't wait to get back home, 7 days later, to put the grill together, do the burn in and do my first smoke on it, a couple of racks of baby back ribs! a "Coca-Cola" rack and a "Sweet, slightly spicy" rack! Yum YUM!!! I have had a couple of issues but I called Pit Boss Support and have resolutions in the works, as the lid and lid seal had damage inside from their assembly process apparently and then there was an issue with a critical firmware update to the controller when I first fired it up, but we got that resolved, we are hopeful anyway. Time will tell. The first cook went well with the typical temp variant. Great results though.... tender, juicy, smokey baby back ribs! I look forward to learning this pellet smoker, as I have always smoked using an offset smoker. But my first smoke went well... with great results from what I am hoping is a great smoker. I did a lot of due diligence before my purchase for both the smoker and the company's support/warranty. And this company is headquartered right here just a few miles from me. I am looking forward to the resources of this Forum, as well. ;)

Attachments

• 6567A1EE-0B7B-4414-AA0D-95AF88F780B3.jpeg
    6567A1EE-0B7B-4414-AA0D-95AF88F780B3.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 87
  • C2F64C4A-D3D8-4539-B102-544DCCC8A3B8.jpeg
    C2F64C4A-D3D8-4539-B102-544DCCC8A3B8.jpeg
    118.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Pit Boss 1600 PSE.JPG
    Pit Boss 1600 PSE.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 18
welcome happy you enjoy the smoker . im a gear head so how did you do at th

welcome happy you enjoy the smoker . im a gear head so how did you do at the track
Thank You for the Welcome @mixed up ! Unfortunately, we went out in the first round, when the line lock pressure didn't hold the car in the beams when the car was staged, and throttle was matted, resulting in turning on the red light or foul start! That's racing, as they say. We need about 250-300# of brake pressure on the front brakes to stage the car and hold it...only had a little under 200#. We'll be in Gainesville at the GatorNationals in March to start the 2024 NHRA season in the new Factory Experimental or FX Class that debuted in 2023 at the US Nationals at Indy this year. We were one of four cars in the class to debut at Indy and make the exhibition runs this year. Next year we will be running for the first Championship. Thanks again for the Welcome!!! ;)

Last edited:
Welcome from Texas to the group !
Nice setup 🇺🇸🇺🇸
Thanks again @Cowboy1955 !!! I really appreciate it!!! I tried the Bear Mountain Hickory pellets on my second smoke. I do like them better than the Pit Boss Competition Blend, by a long shot! Thanks again! Happy Veterans Day Sir! Thank You for your service! 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Thank You for the Welcome @mixed up ! Unfortunately, we went out in the first round, when the line lock pressure didn't hold the car in the beams when the car was staged, and throttle was matted, resulting in turning on the red light or foul start! That's racing, as they say. We need about 250-300# of brake pressure on the front brakes to stage the car and hold it...only had a little under 200#. We'll be in Gainesville at the GatorNationals in March to start the 2024 NHRA season in the new Factory Experimental or FX Class that debuted in 2023 at the US Nationals at Indy this year. We were one of four cars in the class to debut at Indy and make the exhibition runs this year. Next year we will be running for the first Championship. Thanks again for the Welcome!!! ;)
do you belong to the Phantom bullet .net we have a great bunch on there better than yellow bullet we keep the BS in check check it out if your not

Back