Inaugural Brisket Cook Gone Wrong

bartles

Reaction score
After completing the PB burn off directions on my new PB700 FB1 I set up a 12lb brisket, with two probes, to cook at temperature to 200F thinking all is well in the world.

At 5 hours into the cook I noticed the main temperature flashing "150 degrees". I shut down the grill, moved the meat into our oven.

I took the grills off and the "searing" plate to discover the burn pot was overflowing with pellets and had piled up around the pot on three sides. I'd guess maybe two full cups had spilt in the grill bottom.

I'd appreciate some troubling shooting ideas. Thanking everyone in advance,

bartles

Sounds like a temperature sensor or controller issue
If it five years old or newer it’s under warranty 🇺🇸🇨🇱
Thanks for the help. Sort of figured it was an electronic issue. Its a "salvage from the scrap pile" of a local retail store. Evidently the previous owner didn't like it because the grill never had a fire built in it.

The boards from PB are "out of stock". I guess I'll try some aftermarket parts.

Do boards fail often in PB grills?

Thanks for the help. Sort of figured it was an electronic issue. Its a "salvage from the scrap pile" of a local retail store. Evidently the previous owner didn't like it because the grill never had a fire built in it.

The boards from PB are "out of stock". I guess I'll try some aftermarket parts.

Do boards fail often in PB grills?
They had an issue with them last year. You should be able to find one on Amazon

Call up Pit Boss, give them your model and serial, they can tell you how old it is and if it has been registered. Tell them it was given to you.

If it hasn't been registered, they can register it to you, and maybe send you parts for it because 5 year warranty on electrical parts.

Worth a shot, and worst case, you might have to buy a controller.

Here is something to try. Start up with the setting on Smoke and leave it there for a few minutes until the flashing dashes at the bottom of the screen disappear. Then you can rainse the temperature. It is one instruction it pays to read. I did not take it seriously and had to learn the hard way.

Back