Looking to take it to the next leval

I've got over two cabinets full of rubs I have collected. I really need to purge a lot of it. As now I'm starting to mainly use salt and pepper with some garlic and onion here and there.
That said I have some staples I keep on hand. Montreal is a good one for the course grains that help build a good bark. Couple of cajun/creole ones I like Tone's and Slap Ya Momma hot. Meat Church are good also.
Be careful because it can become addicting!

I have a few rubs but have not gone wild you find your likings and tend to stick with them but most of the time if you read the rubs it generally has garlic onion paprika chille powder and other stuff but those are the basics .I to have cut back on the rubs and tend to go basic

New to using a Pit Boss smoker and only hove cooked the basics. What would be a good piece of meat to try smoking to get more experience with rubs. Any rub suggestions are welcome

Welcome @Dew 🍻 I think pulled pork is a good meat to try. I like using the special shit rub. It sounds funny, but it's a family favorite!

special-shit-rub.jpg

Welcome!
Pork butt is pretty much "can't screw it up" cut to try new rubs on. Some like to make their own rubs. I buy rubs I have used and like and rubs from competition cooks I follow and rubs with cool names and rubs I hear about right here!

Back