New legacy panel upgrade pros and cons

uncledrafty

Reaction score
I'm considering upgrading my Pitboss Austen XL control panel with the new legacy wifi/bluetooth panel. if you have done this i would like your input as to the ease of use and differences from the original.

My opinion is if you are thinking about upgrading your Austin XL, go ahead and install the PID competition series controller. It requires a tiny little bit of sheet metal work, but the wiring harnesses are exactly the same as your existing controller.

If you do a little searching, you will find a thread or two regarding this topic that provides the correct part #. If you can't find them, just let me know and I can send you a link.

My opinion is if you are thinking about upgrading your Austin XL, go ahead and install the PID competition series controller. It requires a tiny little bit of sheet metal work, but the wiring harnesses are exactly the same as your existing controller.

If you do a little searching, you will find a thread or two regarding this topic that provides the correct part #. If you can't find them, just let me know and I can send you a link.
Hi brewrrsfsn73. Thanks for the input. Please send me the links that you mentioned I’m not a sheet metal guy so it might not work for me but would like to explore the possibility

Here's some pictures:

1000002268.jpg

I had to cut out the metal in the lower corners that are marked in silver.
1000002293.jpg

Finished
1000002347.jpg

Back