New Pitboss Grills App

Although the app and my grill were working fine, I rolled the dice today and updated the app and firmware. Took a couple tries, and took awhile but was able to successfully update the firmware. Updated app and grill working great. Which is good because I have an 18lb choice brisket I got at Walmart ready to go.

Attachments

• 20240811_204503.jpg
    20240811_204503.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 8
Although the app and my grill were working fine, I rolled the dice today and updated the app and firmware. Took a couple tries, and took awhile but was able to successfully update the firmware. Updated app and grill working great. Which is good because I have an 18lb choice brisket I got at Walmart ready to go.
🤞🏼😎👍🏼

This app upgrade is awful. I can't get into the App except for the 'shopping' section.
I can't log in because 'customer not found.'
I can't register because 'email is already taken.'
I can't 'forgot password' because the number of reset attempt exceeded (on the first try - an no, I do not believe a bunch of black hat hackers in Russia are trying to hack into my grill to get my brisket cooking instructions).

This app used to work - on this phone. Now it doesn't. I only get notifications on my phone when the grill reaches its set temperature. There is nothing for the meant probe.

I tried chatting with an agent. He says "I understand you have questions about questions." Yeah, he is totally not a chatbot. He also said Pit Boss needs my phone number and email address to connect to my WiFi network which isn't true at all. It is clearly connected without this information as it is sending notifications to my phone.

Stop treating customers like merchandise!
Fix the app. It was literally better before the upgrade.
V3lron, if the controller and parts are made in China, there are other brands of smokers that had/have the same issues with their recent updates. Z Grill was one as i have PB & Z Grills and just went thru same headache with them and it finally just got fixed.

V3lron, if the controller and parts are made in China, there are other brands of smokers that had/have the same issues with their recent updates. Z Grill was one as i have PB & Z Grills and just went thru same headache with them and it finally just got fixed.
The Grill has been sitting on my patio. It worked before, but it doesn't now. I am highly doubtful that Chinese operatives snuck past my security system one night to trade out the network card. I am not saying that China lacks the resources. It just doesn't seem worth the effort.

No, it is the App that changed. It is the app the needs to be improved. Customer service could use some work, too.

This app upgrade is awful. I can't get into the App except for the 'shopping' section.
I can't log in because 'customer not found.'
I can't register because 'email is already taken.'
I can't 'forgot password' because the number of reset attempt exceeded (on the first try - an no, I do not believe a bunch of black hat hackers in Russia are trying to hack into my grill to get my brisket cooking instructions).

This app used to work - on this phone. Now it doesn't. I only get notifications on my phone when the grill reaches its set temperature. There is nothing for the meant probe.

I tried chatting with an agent. He says "I understand you have questions about questions." Yeah, he is totally not a chatbot. He also said Pit Boss needs my phone number and email address to connect to my WiFi network which isn't true at all. It is clearly connected without this information as it is sending notifications to my phone.

Stop treating customers like merchandise!
Fix the app. It was literally better before the upgrade.
I agree the app is an embarrassment. I would be willing to wager most people are using another product to monitor their sessions. My brother-in-law has a Traeger. His Traeger app works flawlessly every time.

I agree the app is an embarrassment. I would be willing to wager most people are using another product to monitor their sessions. My brother-in-law has a Traeger. His Traeger app works flawlessly every time.
There is another app that connects to the pit boss grill? Are you saying Traeger does? I am open to using something else. I like the grill just fine.

App and Platinum 1250 working fantastic. 12 hours into the cook of that 18lb brisket.
Grill doing a great job maintaining 250 temp.
Putting out plenty of smoke. Getting over 12 hours out of my smoke tube.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240815_191008_Pit Boss Grills.jpg
    Screenshot_20240815_191008_Pit Boss Grills.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240815_190947_Pit Boss Grills.jpg
    Screenshot_20240815_190947_Pit Boss Grills.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20240815_190053.jpg
    20240815_190053.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 8
  • 20240815_190023.jpg
    20240815_190023.jpg