Novice Griddler

Sadie

Reaction score
Hello one and all,
New griddler here having just bought an ultimate 2 burner for my wife and myself. Looking forward to being part of the community. I must admit the ultimate is quite the step up from my Weber Q 1200, but am excited for the adventure ahead. Any recommendations for an easy first cook. Also any tips on getting started with this griddle would be appreciate.
Sadie

Spend a day seasoning first. I ran my 36" through five seasoning runs. The last three I cooled to hand rub oil in and then heated to smoke black using my propane/map gas torch for edges,sides, and corners.
Cook your breakfast next morning and have fun scooting eggs from one side of the griddle to other with the flick of the spatula.

start out with season roll in to some philly steaks , day 2 go with the smash burgers with toasted buns day 3 try a stir fry with rice and chicken .then do your bacon and eggs for the morning weekend cook .then set your self up for some juicy pork chops they do very well on griddles . get your self a probe thermometer its a must for steaks and juicy meats .your going to love it .Happy grilling

Hello one and all,
New griddler here having just bought an ultimate 2 burner for my wife and myself. Looking forward to being part of the community. I must admit the ultimate is quite the step up from my Weber Q 1200, but am excited for the adventure ahead. Any recommendations for an easy first cook. Also any tips on getting started with this griddle would be appreciate.
Sadie

Welcome to the Pitboss Club! 🍻 I haven't ventured into the griddle area yet, so excited to see what you think of it.

Hello one and all,
Sadie
The Pit Boss griddles have a ceramic coating, so no seasoning required like on cast iron griddles. Remember not to use metal spatulas and scrapers, or your damage the coating. Smash burgers or tacos are quick and easy.

Back