🔥 What's Smoking/Cooking on your Pit Boss?

No smoke cookin for me for a couple weeks.
Helene came through and devastated our area. Probably be two weeks before we get power restored.
Last pic. That white car got trapped under tree as it was coming down road
Jim I'm glad everyone is good, the rest will sort out.

We were concerned since we were taking it straight on when it hit TN. Just east it got REALLY wet compared to 8-10 we got here across a couple of days.

Chicken thighs on the PB. I used Meat Church "The Gospel Seasoning" and BIG Wicks Mesquite Smoked Jalapeño Glaze mixed with some Meat Mitch BBQ Whomp sauce for the glaze. So tasty!!

Attachments

• IMG_0077.jpeg
    IMG_0077.jpeg
    346.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0078.jpeg
    IMG_0078.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0074.jpeg
    IMG_0074.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 6
The skin looks a bit crispy, nothing worse than gooy vhicken skin thats not crispy. D I d you do any treatment other than the Willy Peat Seadoning?
I brined the whole chicken with Meat Church "Bird Baptism Brine", (I brine all chicken's I cook) for 18 hours, washed her down then let the bird sit in the refer for about 8 hours prior to seasoning. I smoked her at 350 degrees for about 2 1/2 hours, then I glazed her with special glaze sause.

I brined the whole chicken with Meat Church "Bird Baptism Brine", (I brine all chicken's I cook) for 18 hours, washed her down then let the bird sit in the refer for about 8 hours prior to seasoning. I smoked her at 350 degrees for about 2 1/2 hours, then I glazed her with special glaze sause.
I did a whole chicken once, was ok except the soft skin. I like thighs and have been using a salt/baking powder, BUT, have been cooking at 220-240 then kickbit up at the end to 325. Think will try the brine and higher temp. Thank you for the info.

I did a whole chicken once, was ok except the soft skin. I like thighs and have been using a salt/baking powder, BUT, have been cooking at 220-240 then kickbit up at the end to 325. Think will try the brine and higher temp. Thank you for the info.
I do thighs all the time put oil on them they really helps the skin crisp

I do thighs all the time put oil on them they really helps the skin crisp
Wow, i may try that. That sounds almost counterproductive. I have advacado and olive...... Was just thinking about i had thighs vooked in an oven years ago and they had mayonnaise on the skins and were delicious. Wondering now if it was the oil in the mayo????

Back