Greetings. A little help?

Dr Z

Reaction score
Hey guys. New member here from WNC. I'm ready to purchase a Pit Boss pellet grill. I really like the features of the Competition Series but can hardly find any meaningful reviews on them. When I do it's on the 1600 which is probably more grill than I need. I was thinking the 1250. Most reviews out there are for the Pro series. What am I missing? Is the Pro superior in some way? Thanks for your help

Hey guys. New member here from WNC. I'm ready to purchase a Pit Boss pellet grill. I really like the features of the Competition Series but can hardly find any meaningful reviews on them. When I do it's on the 1600 which is probably more grill than I need. I was thinking the 1250. Most reviews out there are for the Pro series. What am I missing? Is the Pro superior in some way? Thanks for your help
Welcome from Texas to the group!!
I own the 820D and it serves me well.
To me it whatever suits your needs.
My 820 holds quite a bit of meat. 🇺🇸🇺🇸

Welcome from the Holler

I have the 1250 comp and it's been rock solid. In full disclosure I haven't tried to hook to wifi but there seems to be a procedure for that just sorted out. Mine came out of the box and ran right so I started burning pellets. The comp is heavy and the roller top is something I really like. It does not have a stack like the Pro series so a side smoker won't fit it, if that matters.

I've run probably 100lbs of pellets through mine in outside temps from 95 down to 30 and is done what i ask of it.

Welcome from the Holler

I have the 1250 comp and it's been rock solid. In full disclosure I haven't tried to hook to wifi but there seems to be a procedure for that just sorted out. Mine came out of the box and ran right so I started burning pellets. The comp is heavy and the roller top is something I really like. It does not have a stack like the Pro series so a side smoker won't fit it, if that matters.

I've run probably 100lbs of pellets through mine in outside temps from 95 down to 30 and is done what i ask of it.
Thanks for the input. It's nice to here from someone who owns one.

The competition series is brand new so that’s why there’s fewer reviews . It is also far superior to the ProSeries with its new hybrid controller and newer mechanicals.

Back